ABOUT THE ARTIST|
Bernadette Forese is the owner and founder of The Faux Pro, based in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. She has a degree in Business Management and received professional faux and decorative arts training from international master artists in studios around the world. Her work has been showcased in design homes and in national design magazines.
She is a moderator on the faux finishing professional talk web forum,www.muralsplus.com/forum.
INTERVIEW WITH BERNADETTE FORESE
Q: How long have you been in business?
A: Since 2002 as The Faux Pro. Prior to that, I worked for another company in Chadds Ford, Pa. where I was one of their faux finishers.
Q: What sets you apart from other contractors?
A: A few things set me apart:
1. My training and my abilities I'm trained in professional faux finishing products that aren't available to anyone else unless they've gone to these special schools like I have.The products are top-notch and they allow me to create unique and drop-dead gorgeous finishes. The Italian plasters that I use come from Verona, Italy and are exquisite. here are only a handful of people in Pennsylvania trained to use these special plasters manufactured by "Safra," and I'm the only one in Delaware that's trained to use them.
2. My portfolio of finishes. I offer everything: classic, contemporary, Tuscan/Italian, European, traditional, etc. Whatever a client's taste is, I can create a finish for her/him.If the finish needs to work with the age and architecture of a building then I research and create the finish based on that information, including correct color use.
3. My professionalism. I'm good. I'm on time. I'm dependable. When I say that I'm going to be there, I am there.Samples are delivered on time as promised. Jobs are started and finished -on time- as promised.
4. This is my passion. I love what I do and I devour literature and magazines and classes to stay abreast of the latest products and techniques. Based on what I learn I either incorporate it because it's great or I choose to pass on it because I'm not impressed by it.
5. What sets me apart from other contractors is thatI can work within someone's budget. I can find solutions to a client's goals and respect their budget.
Q: Will you work as a sub-contractor?
A: I absolutely will work as a sub-contractor, and in fact do! I am often contracted by Interior Designers to execute all kinds of projects, from recreating a fabric design in finishes on a collection of wood furniture and frames to decorative faux applications on walls and fireplaces. I work with Cabinet Makers and Millwork Shops to provide finishes on their projects and I work with Kitchen Cabinet Retail Centers to finish or decorate kitchen cabinets that they have installed; sometimes being asked to match a newly installed island section to pre-existing cabinets. I work with Custom Home Builders too. In addition to working as a sub-contractor, these professionals simply refer me to their clients, knowing that I have the track record of taking good care of their customers and deliver what they want.
Q: Are you insured?
Yes, I'm fully insured. Proof of insurance is available upon request.
For more information, contact Bernadette via e-mail or 610-368-3899.